We bring together 100 (or more) kids in Calgary who care about local charities and want to make a difference within their community.
- 100 Kids members between the ages of 5 and 17 come together 4 times a year with $10 each to donate to a local charity.
- Kids nominate local charities in advance. Nominations must be received three days prior to the event.
- 3 charities will be randomly selected that evening.
- The three kids whose charities are selected will get up and speak about their charity of choice for 1-2 minutes. (Parents are not permitted to speak on behalf of their child, only there for moral support)
- Parents can help explain each charity to their children and help them make their vote but we would like it to be their choice.
- Members will vote for the charity they would like to see receive the group donation.
- The charity with the most votes will receive the group’s collective donations.
100% of the donations go to the local charity.
- Ties will be decided by randomly selecting one of the tied organizations by draw.
- Members commit to 4 events per year. Events are approximately 1 hour in length.
- The kids are encouraged to earn the $10 if possible (ie. chores, allowance, taking in bottles, birthday money etc.)
- The $10 must be in the form of bills, not coins please.
What do the Kids get out of it?
They learn that true happiness comes from making a difference in other people’s lives. We teach the children that no matter your age or how much you have to give you can make a difference and we are stronger if we do it together. They will feel empowered throughout the whole process and learn valuable speaking and leadership skills. They learn that giving is FUN!